10 Ways to Improve Skin Naturally
1. Eat a low carb, grain free diet which will reduce skin puffiness and control weight.
2. Use 1-2 tablespoons collagen protein in a cup of water or in a protein shake with evening primrose oil and flax seeds to also provide essential fatty acids for body, skin and hair.
3. Coconut oil is great to cook with but equally good applied to hair as a mask starting a month before a big event and even to the skin as a moisturizer.
3. Get enough vitamin C in the diet. It helps to boost collagen production and helps with sun damage.
4. Protect the skin from harmful UV rays with mineral sunblock containing non-nano particle Zinc oxide. Avoid sunscreens that contain chemicals, like oxybenzone, which have been shown to be absorbed through the skin and are toxic.
6. Exercise regularly. Sweating during exercise helps to detox the body and the skin.
7. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. Sleep helps with healing of the skin and the body. Adequate sleep slows down the aging process.
8. Drink enough water throughout the day- at least 8 cups. It helps hydrate the body and skin and flushes toxins out of the body.
9. Eat foods rich in Astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant found in salmon and krill oil, that protects the skin from the sun and can act as an "internal sunscreen" by blocking UVB rays.
10. Vitamin E protects the skin from the environment. Foods containing high amounts of vitamin E are pumpkin seed, avocado and almonds.